Skill game betting is a quickly growing hobby in which you can play skill-based games against yourself or against other people for real money. This type of online betting completely eliminates luck from the equation: your results are determined entirely by skill.
- Chess Betting Online – Chess is the perfect example of a skill-based game. Most skill game betting sites offer real money chess matches. If you’re a skilled chess player, you can easily earn some extra cash with your chess play. If you’re not very skilled, you can take comfort from the fact that skill game betting sites try to pair you against similarly-skilled opponents.When we talk about skill games in this context, we are referring to games that are not traditionally classified as gambling activities, or more specifically where players with “skill” over their opponent can gain a mathematical edge and win consistently. Peer to peer betting in other words.
- Rummy Betting Online – Rummy is a classic card game in which the goal is to be the first player to get rid of all the cards in your hand. Players can get rid of cards by creating sequences and groups of cards. The rules of rummy look a little complicated on paper, but it’s actually a pretty straightforward game.
- Dominoes Betting – Online Dominoes betting was popular before the internet was even a dream. Today, betting on dominoes is popular both in person and on the internet. The best part about playing real money dominoes on the internet is that you don’t have to worry about your opponent getting frustrated at you for beating him over and over again.
- Spades Betting – Online Spades is usually played with four people: two players on each team. The game first became popular among soldiers during World War II and since then it has been passed down like so many other skill games. Most skill game betting sites offer real money Spades matches.
- Solitaire Betting – Yes, even solitaire can be played for real money at online skill game betting sites. If you want to bet on solitaire online, you’ll face off against the rules and a time clock. Winnings are paid if you succeed within the allotted time frame.
- Backgammon Betting Online – With roots that date back to the ancient Egyptians, backgammon is one of the oldest skill games known to mankind. At first, backgammon looks like a pretty basic strategy game, but as you gain experience in backgammon, new layers of strategy and psychology unfold before you like an onion. If you want an in-depth and challenging gaming experience, backgammon is the game for you.
- Bejeweled Betting – Bejeweled is an internet wonder of a game that was first released to the public in 2001. It started out as a free browser game in which the player rearranges gems on a gaming area in order to form identical rows and columns of gems. Bejeweled is an extremely popular and addictive game that some people consider modern day’s version of Tetris.
- Scrabble Betting – Many online skill game betting sites offer versions of Scrabble that can be played for real money. Scrabble is a great vocabulary-building game that appeals to a wide cross section of skill game players. If you have a large vocabulary and enjoy making sense out of random jumbles of letters, you’ll find Scrabble immensely enjoyable.
How Online Skill Games Sites Work
Online skill game betting is pretty simple. All you have to do is sign up for an account and deposit a little money. After that, you can then try out both free-play practice games and real money competitions. Real money players are paired up against each other according to skill and history on the site.
This automatic skill-matching systems is used to keep the games competitive and realistic for everyone. Skill game betting sites prevent cheating by requiring each player to install software that looks for cheating programs during active matches. So if you decide to play a game of scrabble, for example, your opponent won’t be able to run a word scrambling program and cheat his way to victory.
Legality Of Peer To Peer Skill Games For Money
One of the greatest advantages to skill game betting is that it is completely legal under US law. Strong arguments can be made for poker and sports betting being skill games, but according to US law, those games involve too much luck. Skill games such as chess and spades get a free pass under US law.
This is a great thing for you because it means you can use simple deposit methods to fund your account. Most skill game betting sites even let you make deposits with PayPal. Additionally, most skill game betting sites are located on US soil. If you have any problems with a US-based skill game betting site, you’ll have a much easier time getting the issue sorted.